What is OPT?
Optional Practical Training (OPT) is a temporary employment program that provides work authorization to students with F-1 Visa for up to 12 months in order for them to gain work experience directly related to their academic field of study.
- Pre-completion OPT: provides work authorization for students before the completion of their academic studies
- Post-completion OPT: provides work authorization for students after the completion of their academic studies
- Must be registered as a full-time student in a degree program for at least one academic year (three quarters/two semesters) with valid F-1 status
- Have not used a total of 12 months of OPT for a previous degree at the same educational level
- Be present in the U.S. with valid F-1 status at the time of application.
- Employment must directly be related to your field of study
Benefits of OPT
Through OPT, students or graduates are able to spend up to 12 months in the US while gaining experience in their major field of study. By working in the US under the OPT program, students can gain practical experience and learn how to apply what they learned in school into their careers. Students can use this opportunity to gain knowledge and skills that can be brought back to their home country.
Are your qualified for the OPT Program? Please submit your inquiry here to know more about the application process.
Or simply just want to know more about the program? Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org